Stocking plan. Please check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is a rough idea and order of fish I would like to add over the next year or so. Any suggestions or definitely not's please let me know. I am open to any suggestions.
Tank is 525 gal with 120 gal sump w/ wet/dry. 850 lbs live rock (50% base),Aquac EV1000 skimmer, turbo twist UV, I think that covers it.

Ocellaris Clownfish (pair)
Maroon Clownfish (pair)
(tangs introduced together)
3 Blue Tang
3 Yellow Tang
Purple tang
Sailfin tang
Convict tang
Green Mandarin
several Catalina Goby
Yellow Watchman Goby
Firefish ( can I have more than one of these in the tank?)
Royal Gramma Basslet
Flame Angelfish
Copperband Butterflyfish
Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish
Foxface Lo
Blue Girdled Angelfish

I'd add the tangs last. Be sure to get a QT up and going. Looks like it will be a very busy place.

you have got to take tons of pics when everything is in, will you be adding corals too? Like fluff said, i would def. QT, yes you may lose a fish or two, but its better then losing them all. I had a real scare of ich when i added my last fish, a yellow tang. It turned out to be nothing, but with all of those tangs you have a good chance. Needless to say, i will always QT from now on. Just go read some of the horror stories in the sick fish part of this forum. Good luck, and did i mention im JEALOUS.

I plan on having a QT. However I was not at first. I was going to add the tangs all at once at the beginning then QT from then on. Reason being because I do not think I can QT all the tangs and since they would be the first things (except clown) I could control things better. If I add them last then I am not sure what I will do. Yes I plan on having corals which is why I choose several of the fish I did. However that will be a little later when the tank has some age on it. I know with some of the last fish listed I will have to be cautious with corals. That is why I posted it on here. Anyone have a fish suggestions to add or remove?

The tangs will be aggressive with the new fish added, that's why it is suggested they be added last.

Nine tangs. Hmm. I don't know. More than one QT tank? Or maybe just a larger QT tank? I just think you are asking for problems with everything else you are adding, if you add nine tangs to the tank first. Actually, even though your tank is 500+ gallons, I'm wondering if nine tangs won't be a bit much. Adult size, that's 93" of fish just in tangs. Hopefully someone else will chime with a suggestion. Sorry :?

I could just drop the blue tangs since they are so ich prone anyway. I have never heard anyone say anything about a convict so they would go too. Now I am down to 5 :wink: There are so many fish that I want. Making mental note to start planning new larger tank.

Do you intentionally have a maroon clownfish pair listed, then later on a single maroon clownfish?

List looks pretty good. I am sure you know to hold off on the manderin for a good long while. If you have intentions of a reef down the road I would skip the flame angel, catching that thing in a tank of that size woulld be an all-day project.

Back
Top Bottom