stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
Now that my tank is cycled we are trying to decide what fish we want. Tell me if these are good a choices. And tell me what order to purchase them.

a pair of clowns mine and my daughter picked
foxface son picked
goby son picked
kole tang mine and daughter picked

My husband hasn't chosen one yet.

Sorry for how the post was written. I typed it at work last night in the middle of night and I didn't realized how poorly written it was. Anyway, I can't remember what kind of goby it was, my son saw it in a book we have. I will need him to point it out again. The reason I picked the kole tang is because it is ok to be in a 75g tank, so I read. I like the naso tang the best but I will have to wait for a bigger tank. We have 125g sitting in the basement. If 75g goes well and when we finish the basement then we may start 125g aggressive tank. Tang, puffer, lionfish, etc. Of course, that would be a year or two away.

The kole tang is a perfect choice. Everything sounds good. A pink spotted goby is my favorite.

img_710521_0_cf02e7b6724492f14d654b6cddbd579a.jpg

i second the kole tang. i have one in a 75. he seems very happy with the space available to him. just an FYI. i think fox face have poison in thier spines. handle with care

steve r

while we're on the goby topic...

i'd like to start my first sw 10 gal tank with a clown goby, but i cant find if they are social or should be left alone. any experience guys?

the brown clown goby, i just thought they were all the same species, in different colors. they all are the same size and requirements, just curious if they need to be kept together

LA says "It will rarely become aggressive towards other fish, but will fight with its own kind in smaller tanks."

Back
Top Bottom