stocking suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi i was wondering if u guys had any sugestions on a 30g reef. i have 1 clown and a few hermits and snails but i want to add mabey 2 or 3 more fish if possible. any sugestions would be great. i wanted to get a dwarf angle. but i think some nip at corals and wanted see what i was limited too
thanks

I have the same tank, and I am still stocking as well. Question: what kind of clown do you have?

Some options include another clown (depending on breed), a royal gramma, a bi-color pseudochromis, some type of goby (depends on type), or a smaller wrasse (6 line, etc). BTW, you can't have all of them! ;)

You could add a Coral Beauty, but they do tend to nip - everyone's experience is a little different, so you never know. HTH

They do have the disposition to nip at corals but that doesn't mean that they will... I have a coral beauty in my tank and have had no problems with him. But that is not to say that I won't at some point.

umm i think i have a Ocellaris Clownfish . and i was kinda looking at a bi-color angle? is that possible? and i was thinking of adding a yellow watchman globy and another Ocellaris Clownfish or Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish also coral banded shrimp?

I don't know about the bi-color, so someone else will have to help there...as for the goby, that should be fine. If you have an O. Clown, then another would be fine. I have an orange O. Clown, and will probably add a Black O. Clown too just so they look different.

A coral banded shrimp will be fine, how ever I have heard they can take out other inverts pretty effectively - again, some with more experience can chime in...this reasoning is why I avoided them - I have a peppermint shrimp, but a skunk cleaner or fire shrimp will work as well.

cool i think i might one dy get one. i will do some more research on them. i see they nip at corals. i dont know if thats a good thing. i wont'nt think it would.
thanks for all the great info. and nice site too melosu58

Back
Top Bottom