I've had my first SW
tank up and running for 2 months AC
(after cycle). After my tank becomes better established I would like to add corals. As of yet I have not decided what kind of corals I would like to buy.
My current inhabitants are:
(1) Pink Spotted Watchman Goby - Cryptocentrus leptocephals
(1) Six Line Wrasse - Pseudocheilinus hexataenia
(1) Bicolor Pseudochromis (Dottyback) - Pseudochromis paccagnella
(2) True Percula Clownfish (Tank-Bred) - Amphiprion percula
(2) Emerald Mithrax Crab - Mithrax sculptus
(25) Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab - Clibanarius tricolor
(10) Nassarius Snail - Nassarius sp
(10) Turbo Snail - Turbo fluctuosa
(1) Brittle Sea Star - Ophiocoma scolopendrina
Chaetomorpha Algae - Chaetomorpha sp (in the refuge)
My current tank setup is:
120 gallon (60 long x 24 tall x 18 deep)
2 400w Metal Halide (10K bulbs) (6 hour lighting cycle)
30 gallon sump/refuge
Mag 18 closed loop pump
Mag 9.5 in sump
ASM G3 Protein Skimmer
45lbs Fiji Live rock
I do have a couple of questions for you experts:
1) How many more fish/inverts could I safely stock?
2) What is a good period of time to wait for the tank to establish before adding corals?
3) What types of corals will benefit from my tank? Or, what types of corals can I keep with my current setup?
I really appreciate this board and I cannot wait until I have enough information to begin to contribute as much info as I have gained here. You guys rock!