Stocking suggestions for a 46 gallon FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssky

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone,
As the title suggest, I need some help in determining what and how many can I stock in my 46 gallon tank.

Tank size = 46 gallon
Filteration = 50 lbs live rock, 20 lbs of live sand, Filstar XP-M canister filter. No skimmer or sump
Lighting = Aquaeon modular LED lighting system

My choice:
Ocellaris Clowns (2)
Blue green chromis (3)
Cardinal fish (2)

Any other suggestions? I am only looking for peaceful and small )1-3 inch) fishes.

Thans

I always tell people to skip chromis. They always seem to end up starting out in a school and then slowly end up with only 1. Believe they slowly beat on each other until there is only one.
Have you looked at anything like a chalk bass or a royal gramma?

Royal grama looks good. So you really think chromis is not so good? Anyone else who can second that?

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I happen to like chromis, lol. I will admit that I started with 15 and now have 11. One died the first day and I have no idea where or what happened to the others. This is over a period of about a year.
Check out some sandsifting gobies, if you arent planning on corals on the sandbed that is. lol
I also like the gramma idea and I think no tank is complete without a lawnmower blenny. Youve got a nice sized tank and can have several small-ish fish which is super cool. :)
Do you have a lid over the tank? Then you might think about a firefish too.

Thank you for your suggestion. I think watchman goby will also be a good fit.

Yes I do have the black plastic cover over my tank (the one that usually comes with a kit).

Somehow my wife is not so thrilled about fire fish or lawn mower bleeny. :)

I like purple fire fish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Purple one is good. Bu the orange one not so..

How about a helfrichi :eek:!!! $$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just checked it on liveaquaria. awesome looking but pricy. 89 bucks for two incher. Sorry I am not that rich.... ;-)

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a watchman goby with a shrimp and I also love my starry blenny. Both of them are totally opposite behavior and gives you more to enjoy about your tank.

Back
Top Bottom