Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Stocking Tips for a 55 gal

I recently started a 55 gal SW tank. It is about week 5-7. I am still doing a lot of research and trying to figure things out. Right now I am still cycling the water as I am taking my time and making sure everything is just right. I am now interested in some stocking ideas like types of fish, snails, crabs, shrimp, etc. I would really like to have a nice variety of fish and some interesting types of species. Very colorful and all. Thanks for all the help.

dunnman39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
My 2 cents...
clownfish gotta have some clowns
Dwarf angel (coral beauty, flame, bi-color)
Royal gramma
wrasse ( your choice I loved my melanarus)
I have a fighting conch snail that is weird so interesting to look at
There's a few ideas for you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Vague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
If you decide on getting a dwarf angelfish i wouldn't recommend the coral beauty if you are looking for fish that swim up in the main view my CB is very shy and only swims in my live rock.

Brennan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award
Most dwarf angels are rock dwellers. My potters is out and about a fair amount but can always be seen cruising through my rock work too. I agree every tank needs clowns. I agree on having a wrasse in the tank. Good pest control and by far some of the prettiest fish IMO .

Royal grammas are beautiful but a bit shy. Mine comes out for food but that's about it lol.

Blennies have great personality too

20 Gallon SPS reef
29 Gallon FW "fat catfish" tank
20 Gallon Long Dart Frogs "Zig" and "Zag"
bribo12 is online now   Reply With Quote

stock, stocking, tips

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com