Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-30-2004, 05:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Check out that link that I posted earlier in this thread. Its pretty accurate on which snails do what. Even tells which ones are better at flipping themselves back over when they fall.

Astrea, Cerrith, and Nassarius are the best...Nassarius are the best "non-herbivore" snails you can get IMO

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:15 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
thanks for the advice
will check out the tulsa sore, need address, Goby is left over from FT smith LFS
It was another waste atemp to get rid of red slime by stiring sand.
I like him though,

Now I have pulled everything snails ect to QT, Big tank is cycling
levels now
amonia .25
nitrate 40ppm
nitrite2 ppm
ph 8
saline 1.021
I tested the calcium in tank which is off the chart prob. 600ppm
can you have to much, water is from tap intend to change 30% or more with saltwater from LFS
my kh is 196

I know my take is cycled when amonia reaches 0 right
what should other levels be
before I add atack pack
which will be 10 small snails 6 turbos and 6 hermits the emrald and the goby
for about 1-2 week before adding fish.(note my tank had 15 lbs live rock and 1 inch live sand x3month prior to adding 50 lbs of semi cured lr. I keep lights off and have emp 400 which already had bacteria on bios, also have 2 maxijet 1200 pumps. temp is now 82) any change to what Im doing

How long you guys think before I get snails out of OT and toss em in Im fighting amonia spikes there. it is only 3 gal eclipse with established 6 lb live rock and I want to get snail ext out , so that the 100 tiny feathers live, also came with 40 so orange polyp corals which havent been out much worried about amonia might kill them, I do daily water changes, in OT

Last Q when tank cycles if I want to spread feathers can i get them off rock, they are tiny about 1/2 inch long tubes, rock came with polyps, 3 tiny anemonies, 100 tiny feathers, at least one bristle, Had grape algee but I think the emrald is eating it all, I heard if I bust a grape it will spread. should I do this for crab food.

f-dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:44 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to packfan2204
first of all, you want all your levels to be at zero, not just ammonia, and i don't know the exact address, but its on the northwest corner of 71st and Sheridan, right next door to Flavor's in the same shopping center as mexicali border cafe
55 reef-260w PC -purple firefish -maroon clown -lubbocks fairy wrasse - hydnophora -polyps, more LPS on the way

July 25, 2005-ship date, can't wait!!!
packfan2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey check out this other post about snails. They have some pretty good prices. and free shipping over 75 bux. I placed an order I'll let you know how it turns out.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Got my snails in and I will be buying from them in the future.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:11 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak
is 76 bad then for my reeef??
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:37 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well you've already learned the most importent lesson, Be Very Careful Of What Your LFS Store Tells You!!!!! Always try to get a second opinion before doing anything too drastic and you will in up being a lot happier in the long run. Good Luck

Any home mortgage questions feel free to ask. Thats what I do when I'm not tending to my tank!!
beachbumin is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com