Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

storing my mixed water?

Is it ok to keep my water that I have mixed outside? I keep it in a plastic drum with a 1500gph pump circulating the water constantly. The SG is on the money but the temp out side in around 110 & I can't imagine how hot 25 gals of water is in a drum? I plan to move my water making station inside today but is the water I still have mixed ok?? I wouldn't see Any reason that it wouldn't be but I thought I should ask before I did big WC.

Thanks in advance.

Kc

Old 08-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcTx View Post
Is it ok to keep my water that I have mixed outside? I keep it in a plastic drum with a 1500gph pump circulating the water constantly. The SG is on the money but the temp out side in around 110 & I can't imagine how hot 25 gals of water is in a drum? I plan to move my water making station inside today but is the water I still have mixed ok?? I wouldn't see Any reason that it wouldn't be but I thought I should ask before I did big WC.

Thanks in advance.

Kc

I'm curious as well; I'm starting my water storage. What do you do to transfer from your storage bin to the tank?

Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Currently I just put a hose on the pump and go straight from the drum to the tank. I tap into to my overflow from tank to fug and remove water that way. Then I just add new water into sump just like it was coming from fug normally. Works well and goes very fast.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcTx View Post
Currently I just put a hose on the pump and go straight from the drum to the tank. I tap into to my overflow from tank to fug and remove water that way. Then I just add new water into sump just like it was coming from fug normally. Works well and goes very fast.
not a bad idea! I could probably plumb a similar "Drain" into my washing machine drain and have a ball valve in which I can setup the drain and stop it at will
Old 08-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

No input anyone?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

I wouldn't think you would have any problem. As long as it had a lid and nothing could get to it. I done the same, but my Buckets were inside. Should have no problems.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com