storing my mixed water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KcTx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it ok to keep my water that I have mixed outside? I keep it in a plastic drum with a 1500gph pump circulating the water constantly. The SG is on the money but the temp out side in around 110 & I can't imagine how hot 25 gals of water is in a drum? I plan to move my water making station inside today but is the water I still have mixed ok?? I wouldn't see Any reason that it wouldn't be but I thought I should ask before I did big WC.

Thanks in advance.

Kc

Is it ok to keep my water that I have mixed outside? I keep it in a plastic drum with a 1500gph pump circulating the water constantly. The SG is on the money but the temp out side in around 110 & I can't imagine how hot 25 gals of water is in a drum? I plan to move my water making station inside today but is the water I still have mixed ok?? I wouldn't see Any reason that it wouldn't be but I thought I should ask before I did big WC.

Thanks in advance.

Kc

I'm curious as well; I'm starting my water storage. What do you do to transfer from your storage bin to the tank?

Currently I just put a hose on the pump and go straight from the drum to the tank. I tap into to my overflow from tank to fug and remove water that way. Then I just add new water into sump just like it was coming from fug normally. Works well and goes very fast.

Currently I just put a hose on the pump and go straight from the drum to the tank. I tap into to my overflow from tank to fug and remove water that way. Then I just add new water into sump just like it was coming from fug normally. Works well and goes very fast.

not a bad idea! I could probably plumb a similar "Drain" into my washing machine drain and have a ball valve in which I can setup the drain and stop it at will :)

I wouldn't think you would have any problem. As long as it had a lid and nothing could get to it. I done the same, but my Buckets were inside. Should have no problems.

Back
Top Bottom