Storing Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do I need to keep the saltwater at a certain temperature when not in use?

I know to get the temp right when adding but does it need to be stored in a warm place?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nah, it'll be fine however you want to store it. I probably wouldn't freeze it... but that's only because it would be a chore to do water changes :)

Nah, it'll be fine however you want to store it. I probably wouldn't freeze it... but that's only because it would be a chore to do water changes :)

Great.. My mum would kill me if I had to keep it in the house ?

you could just put in cubes of new water for water changes...LOL

too bad salt water doesn't freeze into ice

Well the temp round here rarely drops below 0° C..

Having said that... How long does it take to heat up a 5G jug with a 50W heater?

Well the temp round here rarely drops below 0° C..

Having said that... How long does it take to heat up a 5G jug with a 50W heater?

Dunno, but when I was mixing and storing water I would just fill my sink up with hot water and put my jugs in that. They were very thin plastic so it only took about 15 minutes and 2 sinks of warm water to heat it up to the right temp.

Dunno, but when I was mixing and storing water I would just fill my sink up with hot water and put my jugs in that. They were very thin plastic so it only took about 15 minutes and 2 sinks of warm water to heat it up to the right temp.

Hmm.. Sounds clever... Might give that a go as well...

Also I've ordered one of those digital thermometers with the probe on a wire, rather than the conventional ones.

Back
Top Bottom