storing water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smnw10

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm 99.99% sure there's nothing wrong with doing this but wanted to ask. I have my own RODI unit and have been making batches of 20 gallons or so at a time and keeping it in my kitchen (so climate controlled) and then when I needed saltwater I would mix in 5 gallon buckets.

Getting tired of doing that so I bought 2, 32 gallon trash cans and I'm going to fill one with RODI water and one with saltwater so I have plenty of each on hand at all times. I'll be keeping these though in a non-climate controlled room. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this and should I keep a power head in the saltwater can to keep that water at least moving?

thanks!

you will just want to watch for algea growth ...Also keep covered to keep out debris ....
I mix mine in 10 gallon batches and bottle it up keeping it in our basement , (dark and cool ) when I need H20 I go ahead and put airate it for a bit before using it for H20 changes .... I also make 4 gallons RO/DI for top off which is more than enough (most of the times) for the week ... I am running a nano which is why less is more ;)

You`ll be OK. I just wouldnt save for more than a month if it was me. After a month it starts to get stagnant unless you have PH`s in them.

Back
Top Bottom