Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

was your filling the collection cup almost instantly and over flowing?

Old 08-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'm still at war with this aloe and desperately trying to get my skimmer running. Does anyone think this is a pointless battle and I'll never get enough aloe out to let my skimmer run smoothly? Would I be better off just starting my system over? (This is such a hard decision being that my tank is doing just fine but I really don't want to get corals until I have my skimmer running) once again any input would be appreciated. I know it seems drastic to start my system over just for a skimmer but I really want to do all I can to have a beautiful healthy tank. What would you do in my shoes?

Old 08-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #23
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'd be patient. Keep the skimmer opened up fully and just let it do its thing. Toss some activated carbon into the system too, can't hurt anything.
I had issues with my skimmer doing this for awhile and after a month of having poor skimming I took it out and ran it in vinegar solution and now it is going great. Just let things go par for the course. The stress coat stuff can't the that awful on your system.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtorre125 View Post
was your filling the collection cup almost instantly and over flowing?
Yes that's exactly what was happening just let it keep running at the lowest setting. Let if fill and dump, fill and dump. Eventually you will work everything out. Everytime you clean it, your just starting over on the break in. So just empty it, but don't actually scrub it or anything.
3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:58 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular

Alright thanks for the help, I'll stay patient and keep up with maintenance, hopefully start to see some progress soon

Tags
skimmer, stress, stress coat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com