Stripped Legged Hermit Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingman8610

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have these hermits that I pulled straight out of the ocean at Corpus Christi. I can't seem to find anything definite on these things (e.g.- There are mor than 1 name for them, Lamens AND Scientific) so I'm curious if ANYONE knows anything about these things! I've heard them dubbed as "fish killers" and I believe it they are Definitely carnivores but they eat fruits and veggies too but they go CRAZY for meat! but like, how often should I feed them? I heard 3 small portions a day but I'm not certain. And how do I clean them? DO I clean them??

-On an off note, I have .6 lbs of LR in the tank... Do I clean that? And if so, How?

-- Thanks in advance for all respones and advice!

-Brett

I can't tell you what kind they are but almost all crabs can be a problem if they get large. If they get bigger then about the size of quarter i would start keeping and eye on them around your small fish. Most of the time hermits will just get the food they need from the left overs of feeding your fish.

The only cleaning you really need to do for your live rock is siphoning it off a bit when you do water changes.

Sweet! yeah I know that now I went to True Percula in arlington Tx yesterday and got some more stuff for my tank! I will be posting before and after pictures a soon as I get it completely ready. but I've heard they will not get bigger than 3 inches and they are already about that big.

Back
Top Bottom