Substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO in a marine tank it would be live sand. I think you mean marine if u don't just say then ill reply for tropical.

An aragonite reef sand is best IMO. Don't buy the bagged LS as it's not really live, just wet.

Now how would I go about switching from a 60 gal to a 100 gal and completely changing substrate would it cause a cycle or any other issue I'm also changing sumps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You mean changing the substrate when you upgrade? If so I would just use new sand in the new tank and transfer your LR. The majority of your bb population will be on the LR anyway.

Yes exactly. I just got home to find my ato took a dump and over filled my tank spilling water all over the place boy oh boy. Good thing I have extra salt and a extra float sensor.

So will increasing the tank volume create any issues because I will be adding 40 extra gallons of salt water to my existing water. Or does it make sense to just cut out my w/c after the swap and possibly just a 10gal a week instead of doing w/c weekly. Maybe just vacuum detritus through a filter weekly and replace the water whilst adding ten gal of new salt water weekly?

That made no sense oops. What I ment is add 10ga weekly to my existing water that is in the 100 gal tank till it fills up. But still vacuum detritus weekly through a filter sock and replace the vacuumed out water back into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom