Substrate???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boges_au2006

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK thanks for the help. and u answered my other question about how to get it too the bottom without having sand stirred up everywhere. thanks for the tip :D

I put the sand in a drinking glass and put my hand over it, lower it to the bottom of the tank and gently pour it out.

I use a tupperware bowl, 240Lbs of sand in a cup would take me a long time. LOL!

Get some of the gallon freezer ziplocs bags, and pack the sand about 1/2 full in it. Squeeze out the air and zip it up. Lower into tank and unzip. Gently dump out sand - you'll kind of have to squeeze it out versus actually dumping it.

No matter what you do, if you're adding enough you'll eventually end up with a sandstorm. If worse comes to worse, you just work blind and rearrange in the morning when it all settles down.

One more thing, turn off anything the moves water, like phs or filter.

Good point Roka! That will let the sand settle, and you don't to be sucking all that sand through you pump/filter system.

thanks

ok thanks guys for all the help. much appreciated.
hopefully i will have some pictures up soon :D:D

get yourself a 1 to 2in diameter length of PVC pipe. Stick it in the tank and you can "pump" or position your sand where you want it by directing the end of the pipe. Works great...I just used it to add 40 more lbs of LS to my tank last weekend.

Back
Top Bottom