suggested fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have recently got a 75 gallon and have set up as a SW, I have yet to put any fish in due to the shortage of LR in the area (I have to wait 3 weeks for a shipment to my LFS but at 5 bucks a pound I am willing to wait)

What I was hoping to do is start with live rock and fish and come April (my B-Day) upgrade my stock light with a proper one and then begin with corals.

So I was hoping I could get some suggestions on some suggested stocking (fish) so I can begin researching them while I wait for my LR then the cycle (AGAIN :-( )

Would much prefer to get suggestions on compatible fish then making the wrong choice.

Attachments

• saltwater.jpg
    saltwater.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 123
wow. That's really open ended. =]. Check out liveaquaria.com. Give us some that you like. We can guide you from there.

That's a Nice looking Tank!!

FYI.. I recently started myself (December) and I agree that $5/lb is a pretty good price for LR from a LFS. I too looked around at my LFS and cheapest I found at the time was $14.99/lb..YIKES. I've since found a better local source for my future additions.

ANYWAY.. You may want to look online for LR. I paid under $4/lb WITH shipping for my 50lbs of LR. I bought it from this forums spnsor - underwateroutlets.com. I ordered it on a Friday and had it in 3days.

As your just getting started as well, you can Cure the Rock and Cycle your tank at the same time.. Kill 2 birds with one stone!! That's what I did (after getting alot of advice here!)

Also you can put in your sandbed and get a start on your cycle now. It won't be a full cycle and you will still get a little spike when you add your rock but it may help things go a little faster since it is just sitting there now. Just make sure when you do get your rock that you move around the sand a bit so it sitting on the bottom of the tank or else some sand movers like gobys or pistol shrimp, things of that nature, can dig out under your rocks and cause a bit of a collapse.

That's why I am waiting for the live rock before the sand I will be putting in the live rock then filling in the sand to prevent digging and shifting. I would like fish in it yesterday like everyone but I refuse to rush this long term project.

As for the list I had a list of fish I spent the last hour putting together and then got busy at work and closed it :-(

will start on it again.

Obviously not all of these I am sure the BIO load would be out of control

But these are the ones the wife and I like.

Auriga Butterflyfish
Bicolor Pseudochromis (depnding on how aggressive in my tank)
Blue Tang (kids will want Dori says 70 gallons but is that enough??)
firefish
Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish
Ocellaris Clownfish (kids will want Nemo)
Midas Blenny
Spotted Cardinalfish
Bicolor Angelfish (semi aggressive)
Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Two Spot Bristletooth Tang
Scopas Tang

I removed your duplicate post. Let`s see where to start. IMO if this is going to be a reef tank then the three butterflyfish need to stay out. They will nip at your corals. I know Liveaquaria says 70 gallons on the scopas but I personally think they need a 6 ft tank. For 4 ft tanks I like the Yellow eyed Kole tang. The bicolor angel is also at risk to mess with your corals. JMO

Back
Top Bottom