Suggestion of catching a coral banded shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Oh I need to catch my shrimp so I can take him back to the store. Question is how do I do this? I rarely see him and I know he's not going to be easy to catch once I do see him. Anyone done this without tearing down the whole tank?

Rachel

why you getting rid of it??? Try a glass tipped on it's side with bait. I've read here it works with crabs not sure on shrimp.

I am trading him in on another kind of shrimp. I want to at least see my shrimp once in a blue moon and not have to wonder if it died.

Rachel

I have had it for 2 weeks at my house but he has been in the tank for 1 month and I have 2 false perc clown fish and one blennie.

CBS likes to eat meaty food such as F1. Feed him with it ,and he'll come out often. Also, CBS come out mostly at night looking for food. So, i'm pretty sure you will see him more with the moonlight on.

Answer to your Q.
Get a fish net, and put some meaty foods in there. Put it in front of where the CBS is hiding. Let him come in for the food then you can net him out. Other people might do it differently, but this is how i get my shrimps out of my tank. :)

wow that wierd cause my coral banded shrimp moves all over and only hides when he is going to molt. if you want to catch him just feed him that should bring him out. mine is slow enough and not scared easy, but i dont know how your is. good luck

Mine is like a ghost shrimp LOL I like him but geez I'd like a looksie every now and then. Maybe they just have different personalities Mine is shy.

you could build a trap.

thats how I caught mine.

I used a small 1-1/2in x 3in pipe. then I cut a hole just a little smaller
than the pipe in a tupper ware container. then I just pressed the pipe into the container threw some food in it and capped it.

put the container in a spot by him and just wait.

its worked for me many times.

dont think the glass trick will work on a shrimp. they can walk and swim
I think the glass trick works on crabs because the glass is to smooth for them to climb out

Ours stays out all the time too. Every couple of months he will dissappear for a few days then there will be a fresh molt skin in the intake of the ph and we will start seeing him again. When we feed the tank he comes out and swims around stealing all he can get ahold of. It's the yellow watchman goby we never see.

Back
Top Bottom