Suggestion what to get for my reef tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought pistol shrimp were bad? Kill other shrimp and could crack the glass or something?? Am I thinking of a different shrimp?

I will make cheese pistol shrimp if it break my glass!!! LOL
its more like mantis shrimp will break my glass tho...XD

No no, most pistol shrimp are good. Like thom said, some of them are bad. I don't think they sell those though, because i've only seen the good ones being sold. Mantis shrimp are the ones that can break through glass.

No no, most pistol shrimp are good. Like thom said, some of them are bad. I don't think they sell those though, because i've only seen the good ones being sold. Mantis shrimp are the ones that can break through glass.

my gf hate mantis' eyes LOL, but I think they r beautiful...
she said they r creepy LMAO~

so I think pistol is safe with cleaner shrimp then..
I would really like to see a clean up station made from cleaner shrimps to clean other fishes.

I have never seen a captive cleaner pick a parasite from a fish in aquaria. They mostly just eat things lying around in the tank and take a free ride on your hands when you are playing around in the tank IME.

Haha, yeah, you should be fine. Pistol shrimp won't bother other inverts/fish. I like the peacock mantis shrimp though. They look amazing.

I have never seen a captive cleaner pick a parasite from a fish in aquaria. They mostly just eat things lying around in the tank and take a free ride on your hands when you are playing around in the tank IME.

I will go catch some wild cleaner shrimps someday LMAO~

free ride on my hands sound fun XDDD

oh any online store u guys recommend to get goby and pistol shrimps
the one I got ask for $35 shipping OoO......

Well, in this case.. no lol. Most shipping for MOST sites is 35-40$ because of the overnight shipping and its costs. Bluezooaquatics.com had a labor day special today where if you spend 75$ or more, the shipping is free. But the shipping would still be 35$ if you were just getting a shrimp/goby pair. :/

Well, in this case.. no lol. Most shipping for MOST sites is 35-40$ because of the overnight shipping and its costs. Bluezooaquatics.com had a labor day special today where if you spend 75$ or more, the shipping is free. But the shipping would still be 35$ if you were just getting a shrimp/goby pair. :/

wooo thanks zero!! free shipping!!!!
I didn't see they sell pair of pistol n goby, so I pick them seperatly. XD

Ask your LFS if they will order fish for you. There is several in my area and they have different policies some you pay them and when the fish come in you are there to get them and they never go in their tanks, others will order them and hold them for you. There is one store that actually listens to what the customers are saying and the next thing you know they have the fish or whatever there.

Ask your LFS if they will order fish for you. There is several in my area and they have different policies some you pay them and when the fish come in you are there to get them and they never go in their tanks, others will order them and hold them for you. There is one store that actually listens to what the customers are saying and the next thing you know they have the fish or whatever there.

I wish my LFS will do that for me, but all of their livestocks r over price, and they won't really listen/remember what I said.
I tried to order 50ghost shrimps every other week, but they never order it.
I will try to drive to another place and see if they will order fish for me.

Back
Top Bottom