suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yah, except this tank has bled me dry financially. and my paycheck was only $79.33, so im tapped for a couple of weeks.

well, i went back and read my previous posts, and i did say something that sounded alot like i had 3 CBB's in the tank. im not sure what he meant, but i think that 3 fish in a 23 gal would'nt be too much. just what ive been told/what ive seen around town.

im maxing out my nitrates in my 28g reef with 3 small fish. a clown, a firefish, and a diamond goby. reefs are delicate. be careful.
Good luck!

mah nitrates are at 20ppm
ammonia is 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Ph 8.0
i dont have a refractometer/hydrometer to check the salinity, but how does all that sound? within reasonable ranges?

nitrates are at the max reccomended amount. 20ppm is the cutoff. you want to do a pwc if it goes over that. my reef only has 3 fish but is over 20ppm. (i need new filter media).
HTH

alright. ill test again tomorrow, after the clowns have been in there a while, then see what its at.

if it is over 20, what should i do? take a fish back? water change?

does coral affect the nitrates and other parameters? do they produce waste like other fish or just recycle it?

It's no biggie if ur over. Just do a pwc to get them down. If you do expirence problems with nitrates try some purigen.

Ok that sounds better. I thought you was saying you had three CBB`s. I think you did the right thing taking it back. Yes the mushrooms should be OK. Mushrooms are a wonderful thing.

100_1572.JPG

i dont have a refractometer/hydrometer to check the salinity...

If you're on a budget, you should spend money wisely. And the wisest thing to do before adding ANY corals is to get a refractometer. $50 one-time investment. Without being able to measure your salinity, you could be just flushing money down the toilet by adding coral. Even the "easy" ones, depending on your salinity.

Ok that sounds better. I thought you was saying you had three CBB`s. I think you did the right thing taking it back. Yes the mushrooms should be OK. Mushrooms are a wonderful thing.

is there a specific kind you would reccomend?

well, the thing is, refractometers around here are about 90-100 dollars.

i got 3 mushrooms and a feather duster. all 3 were only $5....i couldnt resist. 1/3 of what they normally charge. is that too much?

i just saw this guy, and im freaking out. you think adding one of these would overload the tank?

img_946462_0_05a7d78cb4ab34c28432d71b4adca26b.jpg

with 3 mushrooms and a feather duster? awesome!

welp, here they are. i dunno what kind they are, but they are mushrooms...that much i know...

2 of these guys
img_946467_0_0be5b11798798460a1f6d3b19101e8b7.jpg

img_946467_1_1ff7b12b081688f4c8faf840efbeea0c.jpg

img_946467_2_645e2212d8ca832cabec5d0fdefa1130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom