Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rndy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey does anyone have any suggestions for a 55 gallon I don't have it yet but I always plan ahead. What would you guys eventually put in it? I want lots of colors!

Are you going predator, peaceful, or reef? If money isn't an issue id go with many small rare fish on a reef setup like a blue dot jawfish, flaming prawn goby, some type of mandarin and others like them

Edit* one of my favorites are the zebra barred dartfish..they're best kept in pairs or more and school very nicely

Heres a couple pictures of my mandarin and zebra barred

I'm probably going with a peaceful set up and maybe a few corals. So ya reef. I would live to have a mandarin!

And money is an issue. I don't want to spend more than $45 on a fish.

Amazing as the mandarin goby is they only eat live food so you need lots of live rock with it being 55gal u really have to limit the number of fish or they will starve

What kind of things could I add with my mandarin? Like some corals like bubble coral. I would want an anemone but not my #1 want.

All corals are fine with the mandarin you can introduce a bubble tip you just need to make sure u give it plenty of space around you're corals once it finds a spot if will pretty much stay

Mandarins aren't that expensive. They're like $20 around my area. Just remember they can be very picky eaters

Ya mandarins and thier pods. If I do get a mandarin should I keep a pair with a po culture?

Seldom mandarins live more than a couple of years in aquariums I think the longest I have heard one surviving is 7 years in a passive system. They are a very beautiful fish but one I won't attempt to keep since I get very attached to my fish.

I'm really excited. So a lot of coral will work with a mandarin. What kind of fish work with a mandarin?

Rndy said:
I'm really excited. So a lot of coral will work with a mandarin. What kind of fish work with a mandarin?

Any corals will work. Try to stay away from other fish that require pods as their only diet. Why not simple - mandarin (after tank is established as well as pod population) clown, watchman goby, and a few decorative shrimp with a great selection of corals. There is a great variety of corals to chose from based on your lighting

Back
Top Bottom