Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Hex tanks have one other inherent problem that I will mention so that you can plan for it. They are deep and have a small footprint. (footprint means the square inches of surface space) You will want to offset this potentialy problem situation by insuring you have more then the usual surface agitation. I would recommend some of the newer powerheads like the koralias. You will really want to keep the flow moving in that tank as its design is condusive to things like cyano.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I like maroons a lot, but don't think I'll go with them because I have read that they can be aggressive. Tomatoes are nice. My friend has two nemos, so I'd like to get something different. Thanks for the advice on angels. I will go with a tang then, I would prefer one that is more than one color. My friend has one that is solid yellow. It seems to be very skiddish.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to usmcmarc Send a message via MSN to usmcmarc Send a message via Yahoo to usmcmarc
I have a 29 Gal BioCube, It's a smaller tank. I have (1) Gold Stripe Maroon Clown, (1) Flame Angel, and (1) Firefish Goby. They all seem to get along.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

tangs are a bad idea for that size tank. Even the smaller species would not be very happy.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:48 PM   #15

OK, so maybe not a tang. I would like to have an array of different fish, so could you suggest other types besides clowns and gobys that would be happy in a hex tank. What is the maximum nuber of fish you would suggest?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Cant really say a number of fish unless you know what fish we are talking about.

There are some smaller wrasses, cardinals, chromis, dwarf angels, jawfish..the list is numerous.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

damsels, basslets, hawkfish (have to watch in reef environment...can pick at corals), anthias, blennies, dartfish/firefish...that will give you a start when added to Hara's
Old 08-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #18

thank you. I need to research those fish and see what I like and what is compatible.

Tags
hex, setup, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com