Suggestions for new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LynnCeeBee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 125g FOWLR tank, with ~170lbs LR in the tank and wet/dry filter/sump, and ~65lbs LS. It is inhabited by 1 lawnmower blenny (eating well & getting fatter!), 1 Fridman's dottyback, 1 coral beauty, 1 yellow tang, 4 green chromis, 1 sandsifting star, and 1 brittle star, along with various snails and crabs for the clean-up crew. The largest of the fish are the yellow tang, which is about 3.5-4 inches in length and the coral beauty, which is just a little smaller than that. Every other fish, although I have seen growth, is still on the small side. I believe the tank can handle a fish or two more....any comments? I'd like fish more the size of the CB and the tang, but am stumped as to which fish to get that complement the ones I have. Any suggestions for a new fish to add to this peaceful little community?

Are you looking for any specific color to add to your tank? How about a clown fish?

look at a trigger!!! they are exciting fun fish to watch and have great personalities. granted they may eat some crabs but i have a niger trigger with a cleaner shrimp and it does nothing to him... give it a shot

I just had to give away my cute little sharp-nosed pufferfish (canthigaster) because he was eating up my clean-up crew. (We nicknamed him Charlie Manson!) I want to leave open the possibility of adding a mushroom or two, and I want to keep the tank peaceful. Does that eliminate these two (the clown fish and the niger trigger?) I used to care about what color the fish were, now, I just like them to be healthy and colorful. Hopefully, they'll grow big, fat and happy in my tank.

if you want peaceful... look at reef safe wrasses...!!! almost all of them are evry active and have great colors.. i would suggest the McCoskers Wrasse... they are fantastic

Thanks for all your suggestions....gonna go do some shopping!

Well you have lots of options. I am also a fan of the kole tang as Mike suggested. It really depends on if you want to stick with reef-friendly fish and if you are looking for a "show piece" fish vs. some fill in swimmers. You have room for a few more additions. Along with the kole, I like the royal gramma, sixline wrasse, maybe a pair of perc clowns, adding to your chromis school or even some of the larger angels. Lots and lots of options.

Back
Top Bottom