Suggestions for stocking and water types

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clairebear55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone

So I was going to start a 10g nano tank. Could I use filtered water or do I have to use reverse osmosis water/ water from an already established tank? I know it's difficult to get the salt levels accurate but does filtered water get all the bad chemicals out? And for stocking I was thinking a firefish and another type of goby with some emerald crabs. Could I add anything else? Thanks I appreciate it!

Well, ro/di is the way to go. It gets rid of everything in the water, filtered watered is more for flavor, if you me like the Brita filter. You need a lid for a fire fish, and you might be able to add 2 neon gobys since they stay really small. Other then that, stick to 2 fish max. You can use a Hob filter since your tank is so small. Get one rated for 30 gallons

Well, ro/di is the way to go. It gets rid of everything in the water, filtered watered is more for flavor, if you me like the Brita filter. You need a lid for a fire fish, and you might be able to add 2 neon gobys since they stay really small. Other then that, stick to 2 fish max. You can use a Hob filter since your tank is so small. Get one rated for 30 gallons

Okay thanks! And I can get that from the grocery store? (Sorry for the newbie questions lol)

Yes I was planning on doing corals also. But Im having a filter problem. I plugged on my filter and it just doesn't start any idea as why?

Back
Top Bottom