Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike24

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have 30g tank with more than 30lbs of live rock and 30lbs of live sand, and couple of corals greens star polyps, zoanthid, frogspawn, 1 maroon mushroom, gosh are clowns(2x) firefish goby , 6 line wrasse, running quad t5 10k (2) actinic (2) fixtures, and i am using penn flax 1000 canister filter, now my question is what size sump do i need t replace my canister filter. Thanks

You can do any size in reality. Just understand that the bigger the better as more water surface helps with co2 removal. A sump is really for putting your equipment into so it isn't hanging on the back of your tank. Now if you were looking at a fuge, that would be a different story, but same still applies.

My plan to are to add skimmer, linesand and live rock some kind of plants to keep nitrate or whatever chemicals from main tank to sump... I can only fit. 10g tank under the stand..

If whatever fits at 10g, the only important for me to add is skimmer other than that i dont really know what else to put on to the 10g tank... If you can recommend me what is the easiest way to build a 10g sump its better because i just started to do this hobby... Im still learning

I would just grab a small cheap aquarium for your sump. I'd get as much of your equipment into it as you can. A skimmer is prob a good idea if you are planning on keeping any harder corals.

Just plain tank an skimmer and return pump would be okie? Coz i have a marinelad maxinet pump/cicrulation pump extra an a skimmer for up to 60g tank... That should be enough?

Overflow box is that the that one that you hang at the back of the tank?

Thanks for all the info.....Thanks again

If you're going with an cpr overflow box, then get a spare aqualifter. I've heard stories of people's aqualift failing. Check it often after the purchase and make it a daily check along with some of the other things you check on a daily basis.

Overflow box if you definitely don't want to drill under your current tank's circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom