Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nemo72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi can any one help me what size sump do I need for my 450ltr tank many thanks

Well that is open for debate. The bigger the better when it comes to sumps and it also depends on what all you want to put in it. On my 55 gal I am running a 20 gal long as a sump. I have a fuge w/ cheato, mangroves, a money plant, and the heater in the middle. My intake section has my skimmer and uv sterilizer (which is worthless and will be going away soon). This still leaves me lots of room for anything that I could want.

Sniperhank said:
Well that is open for debate. The bigger the better when it comes to sumps and it also depends on what all you want to put in it. On my 55 gal I am running a 20 gal long as a sump. I have a fuge w/ cheato, mangroves, a money plant, and the heater in the middle. My intake section has my skimmer and uv sterilizer (which is worthless and will be going away soon). This still leaves me lots of room for anything that I could want.

That is very true. On my 125 gal i used a 29 gal sump and it worked great until i added a protein skimmer and a UV Light. There was just no room. Now i have upgraded to a 55 gal refugium and its awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom