Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrapeApe

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of changing my sump to better fit my new skimmer. My question is to build my sump like the pic added can I use plexi glass or should I use glass. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393612800.096763.jpg. The second pic is my current setup. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393612845.374084.jpg

It's often difficult to get plexi to hold in place to glass with silicone. Not saying it can't be done, it just isn't all that easy and often takes so much silicone that it ends up sloppy. You'll have the easiest time IMO using glass pieces for your baffles on a glass tank.

go with the glass, plexi glass is really hard to seal and when it does it doesn't seem to last as long as glass

Ok so do i need tempered glass or can I go with regular glass

I went to Ace Hardware with just the measurements, they supplied the glass & cut it for $1.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would a 30gal tank be a big enough sump for a 75gal?

Did u do yours yet?? I'd like to see pics! I'm in the same boat, I could go buy one but way spend the money!!?

The first pic is the one I got with my tank. The second is what I'm going to do to it. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393876314.921033.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393876400.454899.jpg

I messed up when I did mine now I want to re due it but I am just going to hold out, within the next year im getting a 200 gallon tank, but I only made my sump 2 sections instead of 3 because I wasn't sure how it was going to work out with doing it myself, but its been up for a year and never had any issues with it and was so easy to do just wish I made it 3 sections but I was tight for space because I have a carbon and a gfo reactor mounted under tank as well

Back
Top Bottom