Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i had to switch my return in the middle of the sump because the last chamber was not getting enough water. I may have made the last baffle too high. Anyway by putting the return pump in the middle cause any issues in the long run? If not what can i do with the last chamber of the sump? Right now i just put some dry rock and hopefully turns live. Thanks.

Rock will be fine or you put a light over that compartment and put some calerpa in there and it will burn up some of those excessive nutrients.

Won't water just sit in the last section? There is no flow through it if the drain is in the first section and the return is in the middle. I would worry about the final section getting stagnant....Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Would it make sense to fill it up with more water? Spoonman you make a good point here.

Would there be any way to some get the water to move back and forth without having to clean start over on the sump?

I would remove the last baffle.
The last space is useless unless you use a pump to feed it.
That will then have an impact on how much water is in the pump area.

Ok guys i have updated my sump order. I was able to get the return pump at the last baffle.i have relocated my skimmer in the middle. My question is can i put chaeto algae with my live rocks on the drain section of the sump.

Back
Top Bottom