Sump for 110gallon how big?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatever fits under the stand (unless you have somewhere else to put a bigger sump). Breeder tanks like the 40B is better than narrow high tanks imo. You have more room for everything and can easily tweek things b/c of the width.

Hmm thanks I geuss I'll have to use a smaller tank not much space under the stand well that or make space

What I'm going to use is a tv stand and it's separated into three different little spaces but it sounds like I'm going to have to make it into one big space

A TV stand to support a 110 gallon tank? Sounds like disaster. Most tv stands are built to support 200 maybe 300 at the most (don't know exactly, but I know it's not a lot). Water weights about 8 lbs a gallon, plus say 110 lbs of rock, 100 lbs sand...you're looking at around 1000 lbs to be supported by a 3 tier tv stand. Definitely look into building or buying an aquarium stand that can support the weight and have room for a sump.

Back
Top Bottom