sump for 55gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

batfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
What size sump will fit under a 55 gal stand. Or is it even possible ??
Thanks for any help.

The 20 gal long is whats recommended, center brace is my concern. 10 gal. will fit, but the 20's are 13 inches. So the center brace is in the way. Is a 10 gal. to small.

Is the 55g already set up? If so you will have a challenge getting most tanks in the stand. When I set up my 90g I had to tempararily remove the center cross brace and them replace it.

You would have to see if you can angle it under there depending on the style of stand you have.

I guess the other question is what are you trying to accomplish? A 10g only adds about 10% to your volume and does not provide much room for equipment if you are looking to hide it in the sump as many do. For the trouble and cost of materials (overflow and pump) it may not be worth the trouble.

If you are looking to make it more of a fuge then it might be worth the effort.

HTH,

I have a 10g under my 65 (the 15T wouldn't fit). It is a fine place for heaters, macro, return pump, etc. "Works" for me. It really depends on what you're looking to get out of it! Otherwise you could have something custom built out of Acrylic. One of the guys in our reef club custom builds sumps and he's got a design for a 2 part sump that gets connected once in the stand.

Hey Im trying to do the same thing only that a 10 wont fit ether.(18" opening, 20" tank :x ) So Im going to acrylic it. 16"X8"X14" hope goes well got all christmas break to do it. hope what ever you do works out. :D

Back
Top Bottom