Sump help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmo1287

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got my sump hooked up and when it passes the water back out it give the water millions of tiny little bubbles that I herd where bad for the tank any help with this

They're partitions in your sump that direct water up and over sections of your sump to eliminate micro bubbles. There are a few vids on youtube.

AquaRick said:
They're partitions in your sump that direct water up and over sections of your sump to eliminate micro bubbles. There are a few vids on youtube.

I have three on one side

AquaRick said:

I have three over ones

You can put a sponge between one of the baffles or try a filter sock (but that would only reduce bubbles in the first compartment).

obscurereef said:
You can put a sponge between one of the baffles or try a filter sock (but that would only reduce bubbles in the first compartment).

Well I have my sump in my middle compartment and both my over flow tubes flow down into the other two compartments

You want your pump on one side of the sump. Not the middle. You want if flowing in one direction. I bet that why you have bubbles. There's one bubble trap and not two so the side without one is letting bubbles from the skimmer through.

Elmo1287 said:
Well I have my sump in my middle compartment and both my over flow tubes flow down into the other two compartments

Post pic

His is what I have should I move my live sand to the middle and remove my ato?

Attachments

• image-657588808.jpg
    image-657588808.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2580326394.jpg
    image-2580326394.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 91
I believe you should have the return pump at the opposite end of your skimmer with your fuge in the center and that would help reduce your bubbles.

Just saw that it looks like you don't have a skimmer but the same direction would apply for your flow. First chamber is incoming water with skimmer, filter socks, etc. Second chamber is refugium, and third is return pump.

So I should connect my other pipe to it also and push them all down the first one cause I have two over flows but I can turn one off

put the inflow lines on the left section with equipment like heater and ato, middle section would be the fuge with sand,rock,etc, and last the left section that is partitioned off by the bubble trap is where you want your return pump

Okay see I got this tank 120 gallon and the plumbing was all out of wack I had to rebuild most of it myself and never had a sump hooked up so I put one inflow on the right and the other one the left and the sump pump in the middle

Elmo1287 said:
Okay see I got this tank 120 gallon and the plumbing was all out of wack I had to rebuild most of it myself and never had a sump hooked up so I put one inflow on the right and the other one the left and the sump pump in the middle

Heres my sump im able to control fugi flow this way

Attachments

• _2.facebook_55152.jpg
    _2.facebook_55152.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 73
It looks like your skimmer is on the wrong side of the bubble trap. Usually it would go on the opposite side with the fuge in the middle and the return where you're skimmer is. You can also put foam in that bubble trap to help if the trap doesn't get all the bubbles. Based on that last pic. No?

Spotted said:
It looks like your skimmer is on the wrong side of the bubble trap. Usually it would go on the opposite side with the fuge in the middle and the return where you're skimmer is. You can also put foam in that bubble trap to help if the trap doesn't get all the bubbles. Based on that last pic. No?

This setup allows control over flow thru fugi and i dont have any issues with microbubbles

Back
Top Bottom