Sump help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use the headloss calculator.

When in doubt go over and throttle back with a valve on return lines.

Youre looking at maybe a mag 7 I think with that overflow. Youre overflow will only handle as much water as what the pump sends up to the tank. If the pump is slower than the overflow then it will work still. But you are aiming for as much flow as you can get so yeah, measure out how far the pump has to push the water and take into account any bends or tees in the return line.

I'm gonna use flex tubing so I won't have any bends and I have to pump the water about 4.5 feet vertically

I'm gonna use flex tubing so I won't have any bends and I have to pump the water about 4.5 feet vertically

Make sure you get either ball or gate valve in there so you can throttle the flow back to match your overflow.

Ok another question what kind of sand should I use for the bottom of the sump where my live rock and stuff goes

I wouldnt add any sand it makes it harder to remove the mulm that builds up in there.

It's what i call the stuff that builds up in the sump it's easier to siphon it out with a bare bottom

Back
Top Bottom