Sump malfunction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaineSalt

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got home from work and I noticed my water levels in my sump are low. After a closer look I noticed one of my baffles has let go and water is making it under and around it. I was thinking about draining the sump, removing all the equipment, and repairing the baffle with a thicker piece of plexiglass. I have the glass I was just worried about the DT while the new piece dries. It's a 40b with only two Dottybacks and two turbo snails. Would it be okay for 24 hours without the sump and just powerheads? Or should I rig up a temp sump? Any suggestions?

It will be fine without the sump for a few days if necessary. You will need to let the silicone cure. It's going to take 24 hours or so after applying it.

I had another sump I made out of a 10g so I swapped them out. Just fixed the bigger sump tomorrow after work ill switch back. Will this set my system back? Just sucks bc I had tons of Copepods in my sump hopefully most of them are in the water I saved and they will go back when I put the water back.

Back
Top Bottom