Sump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I finally have all the pieces in place to set up my 180 gal. I'm down to one final decision before we finally get this going. Which sump do I use. I have 2 options available to me. One will go on this tank and the other will replace the canister filter on our 75 gal. First one is an eshopps model rs-200 and the other is a mainland model 3. The mainland appears alot fancier and has dual bio wheals and filtration trays etc but I've also been told eshopps is a good choice. So???

Im pretty new at this, but from what I think is that if you have enough LR, the bio wheels aren't really necessary. Most sumps also have live sand in them for bio filtration so the wheels shouldn't be considered too much IMO. I guess when it all comes down, what types of different filtrations are you going to use? I notice some people have just a skimmer and some Live sand while others also have the algae plans to control other chemical levels

You should look into building a sump. You can make it exactly how you want it and it'll be a lot cheaper than buying one. Not hard at all to do either.

I already have both of these so I'll be using them one on each tank. Just wanted whichever was the better option on the 180 gal.

I can't find exact information on the marineland, but I think it's ideal for up to 125 gallon, while the eshopps is rated from 125-225. Also, your 75g would have less live rock so the marineland would probably benefit it more

I am running the eshopps 200 on my 90 gallon and I love it. I run it with live rock rubble and algae mix in last compartment with my return pump. So far it has worked wonders for my tank.

Attachments

• image-1830044925.jpg
    image-1830044925.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3354049044.jpg
    image-3354049044.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom