Sump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cplawrence

Aquarium Advice Freak
On a 29 gallon tank, after many setbacks, I now have a functioning sump. I have been testing it and tweaking the plumbing off and on for some time now and have now run it continuously for a day. Tonight when I came home, I noticed that a couple of the corals are not behaving as they normally do. I have a fairly large rock completely encrusted with GSP and most of it looks fine, but there are a couple of smaller patches in which the polyps are not opening. In addition, I have a leather coral that is not opening at all. The salinity in the main was at 1.026 when I started the sump last night and the the water in the sump was at the same value.
Any ideas what is going on? Do I just need to give it some time?
Thanks as always,
Chris

Leather corals do what we call sloughing. They really look bad like they get all slimey. They do this like every couple weeks. This is normal and maybe that is what is going on with yours. Let us know what he looks like tomorrow.

I agree with Mike on this. I have noticed that my toadstool does that when I do a water change. Also the GSP will be "picky" at times and have some of the polyps closed and some open. Keep a check on your water params and see how things go over the next couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom