Sump Questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltsfan82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm pretty confused on what my tank needs. I have a 75 gallon tank we received from a neighbor. The sump and water return pump are both fried so I'm looking for replacements, but I have no idea where to start. The current sump is Model 5 Utility Pump (115volt AC/60Hz/45watts/8amps. The return pump is a tetra pond 16685. Honestly, I have no idea what any of that means. Please help! Thanks.

You are not making sense. You said the current sump is a pump. A sump is a tank of water, not a pump. You only need 1 return pump to return water to the display. Gravity will drain it back to the sump.

New to the SW hobby eh? A few pictures of your "sump" will help us a lot ;)

Lol. YES, completely new. So, after doing more reading, I've figured out what I was talking about was my return pump and the pump for the protein skimmer. I've decided on a new return pump, but still not sure what to do about the protein skimmer pump. There are so many things to know, huh? Any suggestions for a skimmer pump?

I would suggest using the same pump it came with. What brand skimmer is it? Can you take a picture of what you have?

Back
Top Bottom