sump questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got 2 750 gph flow kits, plan on putting in each corner away from the sides a little... so ill have about 1500 gph flow, RIGHT?

now im wondering if i should have purchased the return kit from glass-holes .com as well? wow this is getting expensive...... i knew it would be, but im getting a little nervous! i haven't even purchased the rock yet! It'll be O.K......Wife is on board!!!! I LOVE HER!!!

really, 1500 gph isn't enough? how am i gonna control more than that with my sump? and return pump?

i will be cycling the water 12 times per hour ideally. maybe i don't quite understand flow yet..... could you explain to me why i need more flow? i could always add more overflows, i haven't drilled them yet!

I mean power heads. two 750 gph power heads is not enough. For a return, something about 1000gph is plenty.

i have 2 1400 korilia pwerheads and the control wavemaker to go with all that. this should be good for that right? and just to make sure, the 1500 gph overflow should be enough as well right? i just need to think about the return pump going to the DT. right?

is it correct that i could assume that i need to use a ball valve on the return instead of a check valve, for control of the flow and reliability reasons?

You won't need a ball valve on the return if you buy a 1400 gph pump or less.
Again, I would use something about 700-1000gph.

Back
Top Bottom