Sump/refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi in other thread I was told algae Srubber today I'm lost still on filter choice I hear that it will help with the nitrates I'm be to saltwater ans I'm pa.bing on a 150 gallon tank reef start with fowlr then add corals after I get aquanted with fish its so hard to get started

What are you asking? Can you please restate your question more clearly?

Was asking a about sump a good refugium I was told algae scrubber sump

You are asking about three different things. A sump, a refugium, and an algae scrubber are not the same thing. What are you wanting information on?

It is important to make your posts clear and use grammar and punctuation - folks are more likely to be able to provide you help that way.

A good sump to get sorry for grammar

You can use any tank for a sump. The bigger the better.

You can also buy sumps as well but generally I recommend building your own.

Thank everyone for all your suggestions. I'm planing out what size tank and shape. Size I'm looking at is 150 gallons, can't decide sump/refugium what type of refugium algae scrubber or ecosystem. What bothers me is internal overflow,external cause if one day I decide to go back to fw hobby then I feel sump won't be good for fw hobby. Planing slow cause in here in New York were getting back slowly from the hurricane sandy. Tomorrow there's another storm comming

Can you use a protein skimmer for fw tank. That's why I'm still undecided on internal and external overflow box setup, not shore if plumbing is used and can be used for fw to. Slow planning no room for two tanks any advice.

No you can't use skimmers but that has nothing to do with a sump for fw. They both utilize different things. And if your not planning on keeping a saltwater tank for years don't even set one up.

Thanks for advice. I want to keep saltwater aquarium for year's, just was wondering if equipment used on sw water can it be used for fw. Right know I'm running a 10 gallon fw, planning saltwater setup slow planning.

Thats why I'm reading a lot salwater aquarium for dummies, the new marine aquarium book cause I love the fishes, there color shape and sizes. Any opinions and advice on overflow what's the best to have Internal or external overflow ? Want something quiet and easy to maintenance, flood proof

Back
Top Bottom