Sump set up questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjmortenson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so I have decided I to set up a sump for my 10g. I have a 1.5g that I would like to use for the sump. How do I set it up? does anyone have a link to a guide on how to do it?
Thanks!

I may be off base here but I don't think a 1.5 g sump is gonna be worth the effort. Usually people out heaters and skimmers and macro algae in theirs and I just don't see there being room. Plus you would have to drill your tank as even a nano overflow will take up alot of space.

If it were me, I'd just do weekly water changes, use an aquaclear 30 for filtration and add a heater. And of course the rock and sand.

You just really have to be up on cleaning the tank and monitoring the water parameters cause sump or no sump with that much water volume you can run into trouble really easy and quick.

I may be off base here but I don't think a 1.5 g sump is gonna be worth the effort. Usually people out heaters and skimmers and macro algae in theirs and I just don't see there being room. Plus you would have to drill your tank as even a nano overflow will take up alot of space.

If it were me, I'd just do weekly water changes, use an aquaclear 30 for filtration and add a heater. And of course the rock and sand.

You just really have to be up on cleaning the tank and monitoring the water parameters cause sump or no sump with that much water volume you can run into trouble really easy and quick.

I wasn't planning on the sump to help with extra filtration or anything, I just want it to put my filter and heater in to make a cleaner looking tank.

Back
Top Bottom