Sump Setup Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I did some looking, and found an overflow that only requires a 3" gap between tank and wall. I'm thinking about buying it. Iraq I'm going to taps plastics to see if they can cut 1" off the back compartment of my existing overflow and glue a new piece of plastic... We'll see

So I just picked up my new overflows. They're only set up to hold a .75" bulk head. Will this be ok, then bush up to 1" after bulk head? Please someone reply...

So I just picked up my new overflows. They're only set up to hold a .75" bulk head. Will this be ok, then bush up to 1" after bulk head? Please someone reply...

If its on the overflow then I think your fine but I do not know for sure

Got my new overflows done. Drilled new holes to house 1" bulk heads. Enough playing around. It's time to finally install this **** thing.
Oh and look what hitchhiked into my tank... A soft coral.

image-3490338820.jpg

Attachments

• image-267223432.jpg
    image-267223432.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 74
Nice! Good work man! I happy its coming together... And thats a plus for the coral!

Here's some updates. I've finally plumbed everything in. I've labeled everything. I just need to pick up some chaeto and about 20lbs of base rock to mix with l/r for my refug. It should be turned on in a couple of hours. Thx to everyone that commented on this thread and helped me with my baby steps.

image-2278179147.jpg

Attachments

• image-1166458375.jpg
    image-1166458375.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 64
So 1st run didn't go so well. I started 1 overflow first. Once it reached the return pump, I turned the return on. I then started the other overflow. The water level in dt was almost to rim and te water level in return chamber was just above the pump. The pump was blowing a lot of air. What am I doing wrong. I shut everything off for the night.

I just read the thread so might be off but if the sump ran dry then you pump was pushing more water then what your overflow could handle. I think you said you had only 1 overflow running. If that's the case I would get both going before you turn ur pump on.

So last night I started to flow 1 overflow,then I turned on the return and idled it using the ball valve. I then started up the other overflow. My tank started to fill faster then the sump was filling and I think my return was getting air in. I'm going to regroup and start over today. Oh and I got about 1/2 gallon of water under my sump and also got my refug lamp wet (stopped working). Any helpful advice would be great.

So the water level in return chamber is just above my pump. everything seems to be working great. I have valve half way **** on return. Is this normal?

image-1506686076.jpg

Back
Top Bottom