Sun polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
I have some orange tube corals or sun polyps whatever you want to call them. I presently target feed them about twice a week. I have a friend that says you dont need to target feed them if you put cyclopeeze in the tank. Anybody know if this is true. I`ve always been told that you must target feed them. Does anybody do any different that has them.

I would keep target feeding them, if you are already targer feeding other corals, why not keep doing it? Unless it is the only coral you target feed then you might want to try, but IMO its best for most corals to target feed them at least once a week...
HTH

the amount of cyclopeeze they need will foul the water. I normally feed mine by mixing cyclopeeze and mysis shrimp. Put a 2 liter bottle over them and feed. I "fluff" the food up with a baster every 10 minutes or so.

These are the only corals that I target feed. But that would be hard to do for me brian because I have mine under a rock ledge but I`ll see what I can do. Thanks for response

I agree. I wouldn't try to meet their needs with cyclopeze alone (that stuff can be lethan in large quantities). I normally feed mine chopped shrimp, mysis and cyclopeze. I use a turkey baster over the coral but don't bother covering them. I usually target feed 1 to 2 times a week and put a pump of liquid life in a 1 or 2 times a week. I have 3 of them and they're all doing well. The oldest one has been in my tank for about 9 months.

Back
Top Bottom