Sunpod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flowin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will the 20" sunpod hqi 150w be enough light for my 30 gallon rimless jbj biocube? i have lps and sps coral there is also a 120w full spectrum led i was looking at.

If they are bleaching, that means they are getting a lil too much light, try dialing it back a lil bit. Also its hard to judge leds by wattage in comparison to other forms of lighting. Their efficency is higher then others therefore it throws some old calculations and guidelines out

Yes. Try 50%. If they continue to bleach after a day or two go down to 25%.

Also, you may want to turn the whites down lower than blues.

And after having them dimmed for a while and corals start to turn brown you can turn the lights back up. But just a few degrees a week.

From what i understand, leds usually have hogher penetration power than other light sources. So you dont need as much power to keep your coral happy;)

My corals look like there dieing out and bleaching and my anenome is grabbing for light.

Attachments

• image-3784098680.jpg
    image-3784098680.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image-3129172248.jpg
    image-3129172248.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2219741362.jpg
    image-2219741362.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 65
Takes time for lighting changes to take affect. Weeks or months sometimes. They will decline faster than they recover. Move the corals that are the most bleached to the sandbed while taking each coral's flow requirements into consideration. Anemone will move if it needs more light or move whatever it is attached to higher.

And I wouldn't worry about the toadstool(first pic) as they are very hardy.

Back
Top Bottom