Suplementation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is there any type of general suplement you use, or recomend using to help corals be healthy, colorful, and maintain a good growth rate ect?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aren't there trace elements you can not test for?

So basically I should be successful with just water changes and my 2 part?

In most cases PWC will replenish trace elements back to their plentiful self. They will also dilute excessive nutrients.

What about vodka anyone have experiance with that?

What about vodka anyone have experiance with that?

Dosing in such a manner to reduce nitrates/phosphates can be used very successfully, but takes very careful tracking to avoid messing up the dosing. Use too much and the effects can be bad for the corals in the system.

Would it my necessary to run gfo if I'm vodka dosing? I read kalk and vodka together is the way to go?

Are you having a nutrient issue that leads you to believe your corals would do better if you dosed vodka?

Well my nitrates are 0 with api kit I know I have phosphate but I haven't been able to get my hand on a test kit yet so I don't know exactly where my phosphate levels are. I have some cyano and some of my corals are a bit brown my chalice bleached out its coming back slowly now but I've read those are all signs of high phosphates.

Well now that you replaced my reactor pump I put some brs high capacity gfo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom