Surface Film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanphyre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello again!

Since the addition of the AquaC Skimmer, we have noticed a surface film on the top of the water and a foamy buildup around the upper edges of the tank. Is this something to be concerned about? We have a powerhead in each back corner facing towards the middle of the tank. It doesnt seem to move the water along the back and sides.

Should I be doing something different? Is this normal? Does it manually need to be cleaned? Lots of questions, want to make sure the tank stays healthy. :D

Thanks!!

you need to adjust your skimmer, its a protein build up. pointing a power head at the surface to break it up will help also.

Ohhhh, thanks!

My skimmer box has a O-ring. Right now I have the O-Ring set pretty low on the box, so the box sits high. Should I move it more to the middle now or higher? Anyone with a Remora Pro know what the best setting is?

Thanks again Seaham.

Besides adjusting/aiming ph at surface I would also feed less. Do you know what your ph/sg/temp/nh3/no2/no3/po4 levels are currently?

I have a remora. I would start by pulling out wet foam (cup low) then gradually raising the cup up to get the desired consistency.

Back
Top Bottom