Surprise!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarchic11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey!! I just got an awesome tank from my bf and his parents!!! A small, right now unknown, but will be calling for details soon. Comes with a mated pair of clowns... Help!!! Please!!!! I will post details as i get them!!

Talking to the best future in laws ever!!! She says she thinks they are having a "tank crash" and they need to move soon which is why im getting them tomorrow... i know they are in a 46 bowfront fowlr now, with a yellow and a sailfin tang, i know but not my tank... i know the tangs are some of the oldest in there tho... also a whelk, which may be dead, a brittle star which died, a bunch of inverts...

Yellow tang stopped eating, seized and died, and then the sailfin just died last night. Light is down, there may have been a surge. But the clowns are acting fine!!! The tangs were like 7 years old. Ive watched this tank, a year ago actually, and have watched it be back burnered and fall apart, literally... starting with the lr cave falling one nighr

I will have some filter equip, but not sure yet, but in one of my tanks i think... would maybe be temp qt for clowns then be added to and become nano reef with just clowns, maybe some shrimp/hermits? ?? Would an 18 high work?? I have one i wanna use. I have no idea as my most advanced tank now is a 55 planted with angelfish, divided for a breeding pair... there is also a whelk involved... i know the current tank has a bad worm infestation in the sand, and a few bristle worms, but ive seen the clowns spawn,

Oh, and i have a heater already so... and stuff to mix water, and salt, i have powerheads if needed, will have test kit and hygrometer.?.?(dont laugh im new to this...) so i guess what i need to know is what is the bare minimum to keep these 3 creatures alive?ill have 25-50$ aweek to spend on them.

So you were given a 46g bowfront aquarium right?

This came with a pair of clowns and what else?

Have fish died since you got the tank or did they recently die?

Have you checked any of the parameters in the tank yet?

no... lol im getting it tomorrow as i work tonight, and it will just be the fish, a conch, maybe some sand or lr, depending on the shape of the lr, i know the sand could def use replacing, but im thinking start them in a 10g QT, and upgrade the tank and decor over time once they are well. ill be getting with them salt, and mixing equip, some filter accessories, food, testing equip... i have to use a power filter, power heads, airpumps of varying sizes, a heater and a 10g recently used for sw and very clean that will be clean for them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom