SW 10 Gallon Experiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flei

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 10 gallon tank that is begging to be used for something...

I've never had a SW tank before (lots of large and small FW's), and I know that the smaller the tank, the more careful you need to be. Having said that, what equipment would I need to purchase? Can I use any of my FW stuff, of would it be better to get new equipment (I think the filter is an Aquaeon for a 20 gallon, and a comparable heater)

I assume that my selection of livestock will be limited, and I'm cool with that too. I just want to see if it's as "hard" as a lot of people make it sound. Eventually I'd like to get a larger SW tank, but small=cheap, so I'm using what I've got.

Any help to this SW Noob would be very appreciated...

A lot of the same principals apply including cycling...main difference is the addition of salt.

You can use the same filters and heaters that you use in FW, just make sure if they are used that they are cleaned out really well. :)

What would be your objective for this tank? Fish, corals, inverts? Part of the difficulty with saltwater is the research and care that must be taken with picking fish and corals that are tank appropriate, light appropriate and temperment towards each other. :)

Back
Top Bottom