SW "Dip Strips"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone use dip strips for their SW?

Just wondering, if anyone uses them on a regular basis and really likes them, or can vouch for their accuracy.

Playing chemist and adding reagents and tweezing little reactive discs into tiny trays and stuff is kinda time consuming sometimes.

Juuuust wondering.

Don't waste your money. Some don't work with a flip. The ones that do actually work are hard to get results out of. Taking the strip and putting it to the side of the bottle is just too difficult.

I use to use them for my FW tank when it was cycling. I used them to quickly determine if ammonia and nitrite were still present. They worked good as far as giving me an indication, but when I wanted an exact figure, I went to the reagents.

my brothers college professor dude said that they are the most accurate you can get......but i have some and no matter what i test it always has 40 on the nitrate and my brother has the same problem so doesnt sound too accurate to me

Back
Top Bottom