Sw Fish at Petco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone gone into Petco that is selling SW fish and all you see are sad fish? Has anyone purchase any from there if you did what was yor experience with them?:bowl:

I purchased my snowflake eel there. He was only a few inches and here he is now. He`s the only live thing I ever purchased there. I`m glad I did as he`s one of my favorites. Look at his size now.

100_1859.jpg

I purchased my snowflake eel there. He was only a few inches and here he is now. He`s the only live thing I ever purchased there. I`m glad I did as he`s one of my favorites. Look at his size now.

100_1859.jpg

Thats awesome..... The local one here had a different one then what you had? How are they with Reefs? I was thinking about getting one cause I was told TANGS no no...lol

I thought about putting him in my reef but he would kill my clam, lobster,hermits and shrimp. It would be like a buffet for him. I have him in another tank with plenty of LR and a few corals. No inverts except a few narsiruss snails that he does not bother. They are coral safe just not invert safe.

I got all of my livestock from PetCo Never had an issue although they have had issues with unhealthy livestock I just didn't buy the unhealthy stuff I could tell when something looks like its thriving. I usually spend about 20-30 min standing there staring at the livestock before I purchase it to see how it responds.

I bought my sebae anemone from Petco about 6 yrs ago. I never bought a fish there. The fish don't look so good at my local Petco.

I bought my sebae anemone from Petco about 6 yrs ago. I never bought a fish there. The fish don't look so good at my local Petco.

That's how they look at my local Petco 2... Sometimes i am standing there looking at them and it's like there saying take me home I hate it here...LOL.... But I went in one day and they had a Niger Trigger in observation looked like he had some kind of Ick on it.... and two days later i went back in it was gone and they had a different SW fish was in it's place I am pretty sure he didn't make it.....:(

So just to tell yeah how Petco takes care of there SW Fish they don't... I was in there the other day an boy do they Cram the SW fish in together like Sardines... Tangs, EEls and Clowns and Damsels together in Small looks like 10 gallon tank got to be about 20 fish in one tank In another they have a Bunch of Dead fish with Coral Beauties and Trigger fish together about 20 or 30 at least.... I mean this was bad.... I was like talking to the manager about it and saying why are you guys or Petco as a company sending you so many fish for just one tank? He didn't have an answer... Like seriously it's terrible how bad it looked.... I think even if one of you guys would of been there you probabaly would of said something 2....

My local petco used to carry a few sad looking SW fish but they stopped carrying saltwater about a year ago. There are several good saltwater LFSs around so I think that was a good decision on their part. I have gotten some nice FW fish and plants there.

So just to tell yeah how Petco takes care of there SW Fish they don't... I was in there the other day an boy do they Cram the SW fish in together like Sardines... Tangs, EEls and Clowns and Damsels together in Small looks like 10 gallon tank got to be about 20 fish in one tank In another they have a Bunch of Dead fish with Coral Beauties and Trigger fish together about 20 or 30 at least.... I mean this was bad.... I was like talking to the manager about it and saying why are you guys or Petco as a company sending you so many fish for just one tank? He didn't have an answer... Like seriously it's terrible how bad it looked.... I think even if one of you guys would of been there you probabaly would of said something 2....

Keep in mind that the purpose of having those fish is to sell them quickly. The Petco in my area gets their shipment in every Friday at 1:00pm. There are people waiting at 12:30pm to pick up those fish. I have purchased from them in the past and I do swing by there on Friday sometimes to see what they have.

Even at the LFS I go to on a regular basis has is tanks pretty full of fish. All of those tanks are tied together so it's a lot larger water volume then you realize.

Exactly

All of those tanks are tied together so it's a lot larger water volume then you realize.
My local Petco sells the fish within hours of recieving them. Matter of fact I bought a fish while it was getting acclimated, floating in the bag.

Keep in mind that the purpose of having those fish is to sell them quickly. The Petco in my area gets their shipment in every Friday at 1:00pm. There are people waiting at 12:30pm to pick up those fish. I have purchased from them in the past and I do swing by there on Friday sometimes to see what they have.

Even at the LFS I go to on a regular basis has is tanks pretty full of fish. All of those tanks are tied together so it's a lot larger water volume then you realize.

Yeah Same here they receive there shipments in around the same time but I don't think anyone bought anything in this last shipment it was just on Thursday that's when I was in there so hopefully they didn't receive anything else on Friday... But I see what your saying about the tanks being tied together but it just look horrible on how it looks all they need is a home I swear if I have 300 gallon tank or more i would of taken all of them with me..... Just didn't look nice thats all...:???:

Back
Top Bottom