SW Gods! Want to get together My Fish List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scarlett reef hermits are my favorites. The bright red body looks nice. I'd do those and about 10 of those teenie weenie hermits. They sell for about .50 to $1 each and do wonders in the little crevices in the rock. Of course they get eaten sometimes, but they are cheap. Just add more when you want.

I'd also go with the skunk/cleaners. I've found that when in numbers (maybe 2 for your size tank) they seem to come out a lot more.

And yeah, I've got 2 pistols in my tank, but we're talking 6' of territory. If you go with one, be VERY sure your bottom layer of rocks are all the way down on the bottom glass. if not, the tunelling shrimp will cause problem when the rocks sitting on top of the sand topple.

Ok with that all said and set.

What do i Feed them? I know it says shrimp or krill for most of them, does this sound right and can anyone recommend a regiment?

2 Clowns, Firefish, Goby. - Just general i know but gives you an idea. Thanks

You mean what to feed the fish?

I like frozen mysis and squid, and so do the fish! Live brine shrimp are a good tasty snack. Pellet foods can also be thrown into the mix. Generally, IMHO, frozen food should be the bulk of your food source but variation is good, so mix it up with whatever your fish will eat. Just make sure not to overfeed. :)

I like to feed daily, and usually switch off with frozen one day and pellet the next. Occasionally going a day with no food, usually once every 2-3 weeks. Some people feed every other day, some feed 2-3 times a week, it's all debateable.

HTH

I agree, variety is the best way to go. You can even make your own by purchasing raw/unseasoned seafood from your grocery store and mixing it all up in a blender, then freeze. Personally, I soak my frozen in garlic guard, zoe and selcon for added nutrition and health.
I feed every other day and sometimes throw in a little flake. As stated above, feeding practices are somewhat debatable, depending on your critters and their requirements.

Back
Top Bottom