sweetlips!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

mannyfern09

just bought a sweetlips... i love it!!! haha ... it wont eat what should i feed it? today is the second day i feed my fish and i did not see him eat :-(

any suggestions

Unfortunately, my advice: bring it back to the LFS, unless you have a huge tank. Sweetlips get big...not for the average home aquarist.

how fast and how big...??? just put it into my dad 80 gallon. all hes got in there is a yellow tang a blue tang and 3 clowns ... its been runnin for about 6 months already

you think the sweetlips will be fine?
and what should i feed him?

. This is what liveaquaria says,"When first introduced into the aquarium, live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. Once it has acclimated, most marine carnivore preparations will be acceptable ".
It also says they need to be in at least a 150 gallon tank.

I agree, you might want to take him back. They get rather large, especially with those two tangs. I soak my food in garlic extreme, that might get him to eat...or he might just be stressed from the new/smaller tank/tangs....

Do research and ask questions BEFORE you buy the fish and not after. You will avoid alot of heartache and headache this way.

Back
Top Bottom