Switching Salt Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyP

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm starting to get into corals and want to use a better salt mix or does it make that big of a difference, right now I'm just using petco's brand. Wounding if it will help more and make a huge difference and if so what is a good brand and how would I go about switching from one salt to another?

I'm not too familiar with Petco's salt, but Instant Ocean is a perfectly fine salt you use. It's also among the cheapest salts, price wise and works well with a reef system. I've been using it for years.

And do u have do do anything special when switching over from one salt to the next, like can I just stop using one and do the other

You don't have to do anything special. Just finish the one brand and start up with the next.

Yep, regular Instant Ocean. I personally would not use Reef Crystals. It contains some kind of vitamins, but the problem is no one know what the vitamins are, what they break down into and if anything needs or uses them.

Back
Top Bottom